Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Mowing adventures

So the other day I mowed the lawn...for the second time this season.  I had managed to avoid it all season because my son or son in law would do it.  My husband bought a new mower this year so I did not know all of the details about how it worked. After I took a water break I started mowing again and noticed that there were two bars on the handle.  I squeezed the "new" one and lo and behold...the mower nearly shot out of my grasp! I had been mowing manually!  The second half of the yard was a lot easier to mow at least!  Not long after that I went to mow around the side of the house and came across a bunch of weeds growing around the water meter.  I figured I better weed them out so that if the water meter needed to be read then they could actually access the meter.  I just started pulling them since I had gloves on and I had tried to use the weed eater and it had like 78 instructions on the side and I was like...um, no, ain't nobody got time for that!   I forgot to take a before picture...but it so overgrown that you could not even see the meter or the side of the house even.  The bush/weed was taller than I was!  I started to break the branches off and then I found a meat cleaver on the ground...not sure where it came from (probably fell out of the trash?)
 


However it got there... the meat cleaver came in handy!  Oh..and I also discovered a snake in the yard while I was mowing! It was an adventure for sure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment