Sunday, August 13, 2017

Back to school, migraines, and new adventures!

Custom bag I made for the football auction this past week.  I also had another auction item with a blank bag that the person who won it can have customized however they wanted.

It is currently 12:30 in the morning.  I am awake...and on the computer because I don't feel like sleeping right now since I am a little keyed up from having a migraine all day.  I always feel like I am so behind after I have a migraine since I just don't really feel like doing anything when I have one.  Today's migraine was not that bad, but it did make me nauseous and just blah.  I did manage to organize my craft room a little bit, mainly because it was in such disarray from all of the last minute things I finished up for the Friday Night Lights auction for my son's football team.  I was one of three moms who helped to organized the event.  We also had the head coach and several other staff members who also helped, but there were not very many of us so it was a little hectic this past week.

My youngest son, who is 16 starts school on Tuesday...the summer went by really really fast!  I am both excited and nervous about this school year.  This is the first time in several years that I am not starting the school year as well because I resigned as the library paraprofessional at the high school.  There are so many emotions I have about not going back this year.  Mostly I am just thankful that I have decided to take care of myself and my mental health.  There is an overwhelming sense of calm that I have knowing that I am no longer on someone else's schedule anymore.  Of course there is also an extreme sense of dread and uncertainty as well.  I have been up to the school for some things relating to the auction and talked to some of my former coworkers at the high school and I am really sad that I won't see them every day.  The people-pleaser in me is feeling bad that I won't be there to help them with their technology needs like I have in the past.  I feel especially guilty that the librarian is basically on her own now because the person they replaced me with is likely only doing "technology" things not library things like I also did.  I can't let that stop me from doing what makes me happy and brings me less stress though...even if that is going to be hard for me.  

Another thing I managed to do today was start designing a t-shirt for wearing to my son's opening varsity football game against our rivals this coming Friday!  Our football team is a big family and they share meals together on Thursday and Fridays during the season.  I took the word FAMILY and added the football stitching to the words and will cut out with my Cricut Expression using our team colors (purple and gold)...and I will probably use the glitter version as well!  I made my first iron-ons this week and am in love with it!  I am super excited about my new adventures in crafting and being able to focus on getting my business started now that school is starting.



No comments:

Post a Comment