Thursday, August 23, 2012

Organization

Those who know me from my coming and goings at the schools in our town would say that I am an organized person.  Those who know me on a personal basis as well and have been to my home know that I WANT to be organized, but normally I get in the way of actually BEING organized.  Not to mention that there are 6 other people in my house (more if you count various "adopted" children who seem to always be here, lol!) who make it even more difficult to be organized!

As the mom, my room becomes the dumping ground for things that no one knows what to do with.  The garage is another big dumping ground in our house for sure.  Here is what happens when I ask one of my kids to take something to the garage:

Me: "Take this thing (box/tool/do-dad/thingamagig) to the garage- but put it somewhere out of the way, like one of the many shelves lining the walls."
Kid: "Ok, sure!" (well, normally they first say "Do I have to?" or "Why can't so and so do it?" or my favorite ", "You want me to do it now?" (no, I want you to do it next Thursday, I am just telling you now so you can clear your schedule!)
Me: "Thanks!"
They take the "thing" to the garage, open the door, throw it in, slam the door and go back to their tv/computer/xbox or other electronic distraction.  Then the next time I go to the garage to get something I can barely walk from the door to the fridge and I can almost NEVER get to the other side of the garage easily!  This frustrates me to no end because I am always the one who cleans up the garage and then it get messed up pretty quickly.

But I digress (as usual...).  Pinterest has got to be one of my favorite things recently.  It is very easy for me to spend way too much time "pinning" ideas/recipes/pictures/etc but I have actually DONE some of the things I have seen!  I am in LOVE with the way I organized my drawers now thanks to seeing a "Pin" a friend posted and actually making it happen!  Here is what my drawers look like right now, a couple of weeks after I first started this method.
This makes me very happy!
Small steps...but I am making progress!












No comments:

Post a Comment