Saturday, October 6, 2012

Apple Spice "Cake"


I have been sick for a few days...achy, sore throat, stomach "issues" and just general blah!  I have started to feel better and was going through Pinterest and found an easy Apple Cake that I had the stuff for...so I made it.  I modified the recipe a bit, but oh my gosh was it good!

I cut up 4 apples (2 gala and 2 Granny Smith apples)
about half a spice cake mix
1 stick butter
about a 1/2 cup of pecans pieces
caramel for drizzling

Core the apples and slice into thin slices and put into 9 by 13 baking dish sprayed with baking spray.  I gave the apple slices a rough chop in the dish so they were not too big.  Sprinkle about half of the spice cake mix directly onto the apples and then melt the butter and pour over the top of the cake mix and apples.  Sprinkle the pecans on top and then bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.  Drizzle caramel on top when done.  Serve topped with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment